Tuesday, February 21, 2012

President

Wow I knew it was coming but I was not sure it would really happen and if I was really prepared for it. Anyway that is the way it has felt for months now.
Michael what the heck are you talking about!
Well I am involved in the cycling community more than just a coach, teacher, mentor or racer. I have held a seat on the Board of the Kansas City Bicycle Club for the past few years as the VP and the racing chair.
6 months ago KCBC and JCBC's members voted to peruse the merger of both clubs. I joining a committee to help get the new club up and rolling, what is now The Kansas City Metro Bicycle Club, KCMBC.
National Bike Summit
Senate Building
Tonight Monday February 20th 2012 I was appointed the President of KCMBC. I am truly humbled that my fellow committee and board members have this much faith in me, yes I am humbled. My hope is I can fill the shoes of many great club presidents of the past.
If you where not a member of KCBC of JCBC join now and be part of the fun growth Kansas City Metro Bicycle Club and area will see in the cycling community.

See you in the Peloton
Coach Ruder

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michael! You'll do great things for the club-I can't wait to see them unfold.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ADAM.
    Man we will miss you in the Peloton.

    ReplyDelete