Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rested and Ready! GO!

Took a bit of time off this weekend to recuperate from my new training schedule. I added in more weight room and functional work to my week. Laid off the bike a little bit. Ran on pavement! Yes ran on pavement this past week. I have not run specifically on pavement for two years due to it hurt my hips and my back. Trail running was my savior to continue to run. I just had to get out and run the other day and my only option was the paved trails. I needed to get a 5k tempo run completed and did not want to drive to the trails for a 5k. OK ran the 5k and really felt good. (24:39) The day after I did not but I know it was that I had not been on hard surfaces for a long time. I ran another 5k and felt good. I am traveling this week, so I will not have my rig and I could not locate and dirt trails to run close to where I am heading. This week I will be running each day of some undetermined length to further work on get my run fitness back to where it was September 2011 when I went and ran the FlatRock 50K. I have a fun filled plan of intervals some longer runs, (6-8 miles) along with some of my favorite field drills. What are field drills? Lets just say functional workout in the park. Loads of plank drills mainly on hands, Jumps, leaps, jacks, burpee's, push-ups  lunges,(top and bottom), starting to sound like FUN!

I hope to write a bit about my week while I am traveling. Posting my workouts and evaluating how I am coming along. I have a few running races I want to enter before the end of the year and I am still racing Cyclocross.

My next post will hopefully be from the BIG APPLE!

Are you ready to start on a NEW GOAL? Are you close to completing your GOAL and Need another? Come lets talk. I have a new fitness studio to work with you so give me a call. 913-523-3696
6701 W. 91st Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66212

See you on the road or the trails soon!
Coach Ruder

No comments:

Post a Comment